...welcome to the musings of the flawless amour...

Sunday, March 25, 2012

F.E.A.R. = False Evidence Appearing Real

On the way home from church today, I passed a billboard on I-294 that read,

"Do one thing a day that scares you."  

It definitely held my attention long after we head merged onto the Dan Ryan expressway as I was caught up in how safely I have lived my life up to this point.  In my mind, there are so many things that I want to do...things that I plan to do but a lot of it, I stop myself out of fear; fear of what people may think.  Fear of failing.  Fear of looking a damn fool.  But what kind of life is that?

Now, that billboard didn't spark in me a strong desire to go bungee jumping off the Grand Canyon or anything as intense as that but it did inspire me to start living the life I sit and daydream about on a daily basis.  I would hate to look up one day and I haven't accomplished one noteworthy thing in my entire life.  How depressing?

In the coming months, I plan to keep a log of what I've done that day that I once thought scary (at least that's what I'd want to do.  It sounds ideal but first, I must comprise a list to work from and go from there).

What about you?  What scares you?  Are you willing to step outside of your comfort zone in order to live?  Talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment