...welcome to the musings of the flawless amour...

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 19: You Inspire Me


picture credit: orchuterie.wordpress.com
In the previous post, I mentioned a few people who influence me in a good way. Of the few, there is only one that I know personally; the others, I'm familiar with by way of the Internet/print media. As a young blogger/writer, I rely on the latter to guide me indirectly, taking heed of whatever they feel the need to share on their Twitter timelines.

Daily I am amazed at how connected we have become as a people through mediums like Facebook and Twitter. In no other world would we be able to interact with complete strangers and build relationships as we are now. I find inspiration from the writers that I follow and though my efforts may seem in vain, I am able to network and interact with them as often as I'd like. And I love that they welcome this type of interaction, tearing down that wall that once separated us, sharing what they have learned while traveling the road to their destiny.

I have never sat and wondered what life would be like without this type of interaction. With the coming of each day, technology is advancing, making the world smaller as we connect on a larger scale. The Internet has created avenues for both the artistically inclined and entrepreneur alike and we all feed off of that energy created here. Web-based TV shows are appearing left and right since shows like Issa Rae's The Mis-Adventures of an Awkward Black Girl hit Youtube. Since then, we've been blessed with a plethora of great shows that deserve a shot at the small screen. Sites like Etsy and Big Cartel is the hottest thing since thrift shops, providing creatives and the ones who stay hip to the fashion curve a means to get their work to the masses.

*I want to say something but I feel as if it will be an inaccurate generalization. For the sake of a fatigued brain and a lack of words, I'll just say it and hope that you understand the point I'm trying to make.*

Without this type of influential energy we continue to feed off of, I think there would be a lot of miserable unhappy people in the world. We find inspiration in the works of others. We find it in the conversations sparked from the works of others. I like to think that I'm beginning to find myself and my voice when it comes to writing. I'm becoming more open to ideals and even participating in things I would have typically shied away from in the past (this writing challenge, for example). If not for the influence some of these people have on me, I'd be stuck in limbo, trying to find a way out.

This is just the beginning of my journey and as much as I want to fast forward through it, I'm going to enjoy the ups and downs. I'm going to embrace the rejections and use them as fuel to move on into my destiny. I would name the people I look up to in this business but all you have to do is check the archives and you'll see where my loyalties lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment